When you study at an Office Administration School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, you could take the first step toward a career that is both challenging and rewarding. Some people study for several years to obtain degrees and qualifications, only to wind up working in industries that are completely unrelated to their initial area of study. With office administration training in Baton Rouge, you can get the necessary skills to place you in a job that excites you.
As an office administrator, you could become the beating heart of an organization. This is one of the most diverse roles in the professional world, and working in an office administrator role could open up opportunities in various industries in cities all across the United States.
Your Role as an Office Administration Professional
To fully understand why office administration is such a rewarding career path, you will need to be clear about what an office administrator does. While many assume that the title is self-explanatory, there are various aspects of administration that some people do not consider.
Workplaces have evolved over the last ten years, and office administration is now more dynamic than ever before. Once you graduate from office administration school in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, you may find yourself performing some of the following tasks in a professional environment:
* Office administrators perform both secretarial and administrative work. They help other members of an organization carry out their day to day tasks.
* Setting appointments and creating schedules is usually a key role of an office administrator.
* You must be proficient in Microsoft Office, as much of your work will entail document creation and inventory management using spreadsheets and other databases or programs. Email management and scheduling is usually a vital part of an office administration role.
* Office administrators often maintain office equipment, order stationery, and transact with suppliers.
* Administrators can coordinate support services, such as arranging IT support for desktop machines, laptops, and computer networks.
* Invoicing, expenses, and revenue tracking is sometimes the role of an office administrator in smaller organizations.
* An office administration professional often oversees the hiring process, especially when it comes to secretaries and maintenance staff.
* Company orientation and induction are sometimes carried out by the office administrator.
* Office administrators can maintain company websites by providing updates, posting to corporate blogs, managing marketing agency relationships, and more.
As you can see, studying at an office administration school in Baton Rouge could lead you to a highly challenging career where every day offers something new.
This list is by no means exhaustive, and the role can vary between different organizations. In some cases, the position may be more consolidated, and it may require a limited range of tasks. In complex organizations, an office administration professional could perform supervisory responsibilities as well as executive assistant tasks.
How Much Could You Earn After Office Administration Training in Baton Rouge?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, General Office Clerks, who perform mostly secretarial and clerical work, earned a median annual income of $31,500 in 2017. This figure represents approximately $15.14 per hour, and it is attributed to professionals who hold a high school diploma or equivalent qualification. In larger companies or when the job is more specialized, the median pay can be much higher. Your graduation from office administration training in Baton Rouge will put you in the upper tier of the job market with higher potential earnings.
If you rise to the position of a secretary or administrative assistant, you can likely earn a higher annual salary. For example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that secretaries and administrative assistants earned a median annual income of $37,870 in 2017. This higher salary equates to about $18.21 per hour, which represents a more comfortable living wage. Additionally, advanced office administrators with more experience can make even more money. Your qualification could get you into an entry level role where the sky is the limit!
If you are up to the challenge of starting a dynamic, rewarding, and financially lucrative career, then it is time to consider enrolling in office administration courses. ITI Technical College in Baton Rouge offers programs with flexible schedules taught by instructors with industry experience and a passion for teaching. Take the next steps toward your education today by contacting one of our admissions representatives!
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: https://iticollege.edu/disclosures.htm