Process Technology is an extensive program that provides students with knowledge and skill-based training to work in Process Technology positions in various industries. It is taught 4 days per week in morning or evening sessions for a total of 8 terms in 96 weeks. The program is 24 months during the day and evening sessions. Students must participate in 360-day or evening class sessions to complete the program.
- Chemical Process Technicians
- Power Plant Technicians
- Assistant Plant Operators
- Water Treatment Technicians
- Waste-Water Treatment Technicians
- Petroleum and Gas Process Technicians
- Energy Plant Technicians
The Process Technology Program teaches basic concepts, skills, and terminology for graduates to obtain entry-level jobs in this occupation. Studies include classroom and laboratory work in these areas:
- Introduction to Industrial Process and Systems
- Success Skills in the Workplace
- Industrial Safety and Environmental Practices
- Review of Basic and Related Mathematics
- Process Instrumentation Concepts
- Pressure, Level, Temperature, Flow
- Mechanical and Fluid Dynamics
- Pump Applications, Operations, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
- Compressors, Turbines, and Their Prime Movers
The program includes introductory courses in personal computers, technical writing, and workplace communications. The last quarter of study covers specialized training in computer- based control systems and troubleshooting. Other courses are specific to equipment operation such as furnace and boiler operation, heat exchanger theory, operating principles and problems along with distillation systems.
Chemistry courses include basic and organic chemistry and water treatment. Environmental awareness, ecology, industrial hygiene, and industry’s responsibility to the community are embedded throughout the course. Modern equipment, tools, and training aids are coupled with an environment solidly based on industrial process concepts.
Program Teaching Methods
The teaching methods used in this program include classroom theory and lab sessions that are coupled with an atmosphere solidly based on “real work” industrial concepts. Studies are individualized and progress is monitored with assignments, quizzes, and laboratory evaluations.
Process Technology Job Description
Process Technicians should have a strong working knowledge of computer operations, basic math, and use their skills to ensure processes function properly. They perform these duties:
- Apply analytical skills to solve problems
- Research, collect, analyze, and use relevant data
- Use communication skills effectively
- Apply detail-oriented thought and methodology
- Monitor and improve manufacturing processes
- Inspect, monitor, and operate processing equipment
- Plan workflows and maintain production logbooks
- Practice and maintain workplace safety
- Test product batch quality
- Document and report equipment malfunctions
Industry Career Paths
Graduates may apply their Process Technology skills to their present occupation or become employed with different industrial groups such as:
● Natural Gas
● Pulp and Paper
● Water Treatment
● Waste-Water Treatment
How Career Services Help
ITI Technical College is committed to assisting students and graduates in the pursuit of rewarding employment in their field of study. While we cannot guarantee employment upon graduation, ITI works to assist students and graduates with employment opportunities before and after graduation. We believe a technical career often provides a better salary, working conditions, and self-image, which consequently result in A BETTER LIFE for our students and graduates.
Why Choose ITI Technical College
ITI Technical College faculty and staff are dedicated to student success from instructing to counseling. Instructors deliver a relevant, industry-driven curriculum and academic counselors focus on ensuring students have the tools needed for success.
Since 1973, ITI Technical College has graduated thousands of students in technical programs. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges to ensure students receive the best education and training possible.
How To Apply
It is easy to find out if the Process Technology Program is right for you and how to enroll. Start by calling one of our Admissions Specialists at (225) 752-4233 and schedule a tour today.
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: https://iticollege.edu/disclosures/
For information about financial aid opportunities for those who qualify, please visit our website: https://iticollege.edu/financial-aid/
Associate in Occupational Studies Degree Program PT30T
Major Occupations for which graduates will be qualified:
15.0613 – Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Technician