Air Conditioning & Electrical Technology Certificate Program
The Air Conditioning & Electrical Technology Certificate Program provides students with an intensive study in the HVAC industry. It creates a solid foundation of skills and knowledge to work in a variety of HVAC/R positions. It is taught 4 days per week in morning or evening sessions for a total of 6 terms or 72 weeks. The program is 18 months during the day and 18 months in the evening sessions. Students must participate in 270 class sessions, days or evenings, to complete the program.
The objective of this program is to prepare the successful graduate to work as an entry-level service technician in the general field of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning as a maintenance person. The graduate has received training that includes air handling equipment, heating and cooling systems, recovery/recycling, and necessary controls.
Graduates must pass the EPA section 608 test if employment in HVAC is the main objective for training.
Program Mission: To provide the student an opportunity to learn the concepts and practices of Air Conditioning and Heating equipment and the Electrical Technology required to become gainfully employed.
The student will be presented with the fundamentals of heat transfer, refrigerants, safe work practices, electricity, and the regulations governing the use of these systems. The student will also be trained in these areas:
- The students will be trained in AC load calculations
- Application and troubleshooting of refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Success skills and mathematics review related to the HVAC industry
- The National Electric Code (NEC) and all-weather systems
- Intro to PC Office applications and programmable logic controllers
- Heat pumps, wiring methods, electrical safety and testing
- Automatic controls and electric motors
- HVAC certification exams are given during the program to allow the student to obtain industry competencies in the area of HVAC/R
The 72.5 QCH earned in this certificate program will apply toward an Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree in Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, & Electrical Technology.
Program Teaching Methods
The student will learn in lecture and laboratory activities using actual field-grade equipment. The instructor gives close personal supervision in all areas for maximum teaching effectiveness. Studies are individualized and progress is monitored with assignments, quizzes, and laboratory evaluations.
Air Conditioning & Technician Job Description
Air Conditioning & Electrical Technicians typically perform these services in residential, commercial, or industrial applications:
- Provide entry-level services and maintenance for equipment and systems
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and replace components and equipment
- Replace wiring or secure wiring connections for devices and equipment
- Apply the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Maintain heat pumps and related equipment
- Replace furnace filters and refill refrigerants
- Clean equipment and ductwork as needed
Industry Career Paths
- HVAC Maintenance Technician
- Ductwork Installer
- Maintenance Electrician
HVAC or Electrical Sales
How Career Services Help
ITI Technical College is committed to assisting students and graduates in the pursuit of rewarding employment in their field of study. While we cannot guarantee employment upon graduation, ITI works to assist students and graduates with employment opportunities before and after graduation. We believe a technical career often provides a better salary, working conditions, and self-image, which consequently result in A BETTER LIFE for our students and graduates.
Why Choose ITI Technical College
ITI Technical College faculty and staff are dedicated to student success from instructing to counseling. Instructors deliver a relevant, industry-driven curriculum and academic counselors focus on ensuring students have the tools needed for success.
Since 1973, ITI Technical College has graduated thousands of students in technical programs. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges to ensure students receive the best education and training possible.
How To Apply
It is easy to find out if the Air Conditioning & Electrical Technology Certificate Program is right for you and how to enroll. Start by calling one of our Admissions Specialists at (877) 591-1070 and schedule a tour today.
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: https://iticollege.edu/disclosures/
For information about financial aid opportunities for those who qualify, please visit our website: https://iticollege.edu/financial-aid/