Have you been looking into attending office administration school? Then you’ll know that there are plenty of reasons why you’d want to get into admin. You’ll likely get a better salary, more responsibility, and more scope to advance in the future, among other things. However, there are downsides to the job too. If you’re looking into training, make sure you know everything about the role before you jump in with both feet.
Cons Of Office Administration
There are some aspects of working in admin that can put you off the job. These include:
- * Larger task load: As the admin person, you’ll have the largest workload of anyone in the office. Maybe you can delegate some tasks to others, but you’ll always be working under a demanding caseload.
- * Patience: You have to have a truckload of patience to be able to deal with everything that works throws at you. Glitches, mishaps, and other issues will all stop with you, and you’ll have to smile and bear it.
- * Motivational burden: As the office admin, you’re the person who needs to motivate the rest of the office. When things are going well, this is an easy job: When things aren’t going smoothly, it’s a Herculean task. You’ve got to be prepared for an uphill struggle.
- * Working independently: This will depend on your preferred working style, but you will be expected to do a lot of work alone. It’s a lot of responsibility to manage, and not everyone will be prepared to take it on.
Pros Of Office Administration
However bad it looks, there are actually a whole lot of reasons why you’d want to get into office administration. Here are some good reasons to get studying:
- * Better organizational skills: If you’re already an organized person, then you’ll excel in office admin. You’ll be in charge of an entire department, so you need to be on top of everything, all the time. You’ll improve those organization skills until you’re a finely tuned machine.
- * Learn to prioritize tasks: You’ve got to be good at prioritizing already if you’re going to go into this line of work. However, working in admin means that you’ll get those skills honed perfectly. After all, you’ve got to be on top of everything. You’ll soon learn what needs to be handled instantly, and what can wait till later.
- * Learn to relate to others better: You’ve spent years working with others, so you can relate to them on a personal level already. However, as an office admin, you’ll learn how to relate to your employees much more closely. You’ll learn what makes them tick, what motivates them, and how you can get their best work, every time.
- * Become more positive: No one wants to work under a depressive manager. You’ll learn to be much more positive in your approach. As the saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. You’ll become more positive in your approach to work, making you more approachable and a much better motivator.
After reading the pros and cons, are you still interested in a career in office administration? The office administration training in Baton Rouge could be for you. At ITI Technical College we can set you up for a career for life.
You’ll get practical experience while you’re studying with us, meaning that you’ll be more than ready for a new career once you’re finished with school. Get a career you’ve always wanted, rather than carrying on in the same old 9-5! If you’re ready to make a change, get in touch with us. We can answer any questions that you may have and set you on the road to success.
Time to make a change? You can be an excellent office admin. All you have to do is take the first step.
For more information about graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website: https://iticollege.edu/disclosures/