Four Types of Construction Management Jobs

If you are thinking of entering the field of construction management, then we have some good news for you: there are plenty of positions open across the country due to a growing industry talent gap. As older generations retire, managers are looking for fresh, talented individuals to take their places. Getting the training and developing […]

Residential vs. Commercial Construction Project Managers

Our construction manager training is a comprehensive, advanced training program that teaches the skills necessary to work in both the residential and commercial areas of construction. You might be wondering if there is a huge difference between these two areas, and the short answer is yes. However, many of the skills are transferable between the […]

CAD vs. Hand Drafting

We are not yet far enough removed from the days of hand drafting to simply forget about it, but we can spend a little bit of time talking about what it is, why it is different, and why we moved away from it. As you likely already know, hand drafting was used very recently, into […]

The Beginner’s Guide to Construction Management

Are you thinking of getting into construction management? If so then you might be wondering what you’re going to be facing once you earn an Associate of Occupational Studies Degree (AOS) in Construction Management or complete another form of construction manager school. This field is not nearly as intimidating as you might think. Let’s start […]

Construction Managers vs. Project Managers

Are you thinking of pursuing your Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree in Construction Management at ITI Technical College? Are you ready to move forward with your life and jump into a brand-new career? If so then you have your work cut out for you. However, did you know that there is some common confusion […]

A Day in the Life of a Construction Manager

Construction management is a very diverse field that has managed to pull in people from all different walks of life whether they’re from the engineering field, project management, or any other field. While the field is very lucrative at the moment, we’re still left with one very important question: what does it mean to be […]

Women Are Getting More involved in the Construction Industry – Find out More

There is little doubt that male employees dominate the construction industry across the globe and in the United States. Industry experts estimate that 9% of the workers currently in the field are women with the remaining 91% comprised of men. In the past, women in the construction industry have reported unfair treatment and even sexual […]

Four Skills you Need to be a Successful Construction Manager

So you want to be a construction manager, and honestly, who could even blame you? Construction management is an outstanding career and it allows you to build a legacy, unlike anything you’ve ever dreamed of. So, here’s the most important question: what skills do you need to really be effective in the field? Today we’re […]

Fun Facts About Residential Construction Management

As you work on entering the field of construction management you probably have quite a few questions, and perhaps you’re wondering if construction manager training is even worth it. First of all, we’re glad to tell you that it is entirely worth it and there are even some facts about the job that you might […]